Sunday 19 September 2021

Rules for the Karameikos Campaign

 I'm going to keep this pretty close to official, BtB Basic/Expert D&D that I have used for this blog. Similar to what I did while I was writing about Kaelaross, I'll use the official B/X rules as the starting point that I know other gamers have, and then add bits on (new monsters, new spells etc.) within this blog. 

Although initially I was intending to keep this campaign strictly BtB, I think now I may include my new demihuman classes:

and also allow my optional rule about regular halflings (halfling scouts) reaching 12th level.

Similarly, spells, monsters and magic items that I have introduced in this blog may be used - none of them are exclusive to Kaelaross and they should transfer to Mystara without problem.

This follows the ideas I talked about regarding "simple core, many options". where the B/X rules are not so much the entire rules so much as the common, established framework on which new stuff can be attached. 

No comments:

Post a Comment